Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Foot progress

I am thrilled. I finally figured out the secret to keeping my stupid plantar fasciitis boot on all night. Usually I can't get to sleep and end up kicking it off in the middle of the night. I looked at reviews and many of them said that the boots run large and that's what made them uncomfortable.

So Monday night I bulked it up by putting my fuzzy slipper on first. SUCCESS! Haha, I made it all night Monday night and last night I woke up about two hours before my alarm and went to the bathroom and didn't put it back on. But still, my foot didn't hurt this morning, which is so awesome. It still starts to hurt after a little while at work, but being able to sleep with this thing on will make a huge difference.

Awesome thing number two: Jason found my gate card which also gets me into the apartment gym. Even before my foot got really bad I didn't use it because Jason's card had fallen in the crack of his dashboard and apparently he has to take the entire car apart to get it and my card had fallen off the face of the earth. Which apparently leads to Jason's car. Huh. Anyway, Jason found it so as soon as my foot is better I'm doing Couch to 5K.

Triple threat awesomeness: When I'm ready to start Couch to 5K I want to have some really good shoes for it, 'cause my shoes now are old and crappy. And I was worried about how long it would take me to save up the money for them, but then I remembered that I will get a fat tax refund in February.

So that's the plan

  • Fix foot

  • Buy shoes

  • Couch to 5K


1 comment:

Misty said...

Awesome! I'm really glad you were able to figure out a solution for your boot. And you found your gate card - hooray for gym access!