Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cheeze sauce

Today Jason made himself some mac & cheese. I WANTED IT SO BADLY. But I've gone all week so far with no dairy and I wanted to keep that up.

For dinner I decided to attempt a non-dairy cheese sauce. I used this recipe.

I put it over some brown rice with some Morningstar Chik'n strips. It was a little bizarre. I was expecting cheese taste and it really wasn't, so even though it wasn't bad I had a hard time reconciling the look of it with the taste of it.

I might have to get out of a cheese frame of mind next time I make it.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Good job on not giving in, even though Jason's dinner was tempting.

Have you tried Amy's Macaroni&Cheeze? It's a frozen entree thing. It's pretty good. I can't really taste the difference between the Mac&Cheeze and the Mac&Cheese varieties. Though I haven't had both at the same time to compare properly. But still, it's good. I love Amy's.