Friday, October 10, 2008

No mushroom for you.

I think I might be allergic to fungus. Fungi? Things that are like mushroom. I've never liked mushrooms so it hasn't been an issue, but...

Quorn makes an amazing fake chicken nugget. It has a great texture, even better than Morningstar Farms. It's also made of some kind of fungus. Three out of the four times I had it I felt kinda crappy afterwards. A little nauseous and very, very flushed.

Yesterday I used quite a lot of nutritional yeast flakes (also fungus) in the cheeze sauce and afterwards I got the same uncomfortable flushed feeling. So I'm thinking I might be a bit allergic and that sucks. Jason got me a frozen portobello burger, so when I'm feeling up to dealing with possible sickiness I'm gonna give it a try and see how I feel afterwards.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I would be pretty heartbroken if I found out I were allergic to fungi. I love mushrooms. But I didn't realize that anything besides mushrooms were edible fungi. I hope that if you are allergic, it's easily controllable and doesn't affect you too much!