Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cream of Celery Soup

I had all this celery leftover from the chickpea salad, so I googled a cream of celery soup recipe. I ended up using this one as a frame. I never follow recipes exact, not because I think I'm above it or anything, just because I'm lazy and impatient. I halved it, used kale instead of parsley and changed a few other things based on what I had in the kitchen. I also didn't blend all the potato because I wanted to have a few big chunks in it.

The end result seemed unremarkable at first and the green color didn't do it any favors but I yummed down two bowls of it. It'll be a good alternative to the thin, vegetable stock soups that I normally eat. It wasn't really a meal in itself and I ended up dipping plain toast in it, but it'll be good for the upcoming winter months. One of the few pros to the cold weather: hot soups and teas!

There was plenty leftover, but I have no idea how it will freezer, so I put the majority in the fridge and just a bit in the freezer. I'll thaw it out sometime next week and give it a shot.

I still have quite a bit of celery left though...

1 comment:

Misty said...

Awesome! I don't think I've ever had cream of celery soup, so I will have to give this a try sometime soon. I love soups and I think having a lot of different soup recipes on hand will help increase the likelihood of eating healthy stuff in the coming winter months.