Friday, October 17, 2008

Cinderella dressed in yella....

Remember how much fun jumping rope was when you were a kid?

As an adult, not so much. While my goals are in a state of flux the only way to open an envelope today was to exercise. Also, my head was fuzzy and I thought that would help clear it.

I powered up Dance Dance Revolution but was having a hard time getting into it. So I pulled out the jump rope I bought the last time I decided to lose weight.

20 jumps. 20 jumps and I was winded and not able to go on. But man it got my heart rate going, so I'm going to look into incorporating it into my work out. I'm also going to make up an intricate (because I love it that way) chart in my Big Binder to keep up with Operation: Get Healthy Dammit.

I ended up finishing the half hour with DDR. Now to go open an envelope! And also take a shower...

1 comment:

Misty said...

I've got a jump rope too. And at first when I started using it, it wore me out almost immediately. But it's getting easier. I try to jump rope a little bit until I feel like I can't go on and then do some walking in place stuff to catch my breath or some yogic stretching or situps or whatnot. Then I go back to the jumping rope. I like it so far, but I need to do more, I think.